This $15.3 million addition to Benedum Hall achieved LEED Gold, was awarded the Concrete Reinforcing Steel Institute’s 2012 Design Award for Educational Facilities, received the 2012 AIA Pittsburgh Certificate of Merit, and was honored with the 2012 MBA Building Excellence Award.
The major foci of the $23 million expansion were the creation of added library archive and student workspaces, as well as the opening of the building’s interior for light and to “de-pressurize” what had become an overly full facility.
This $23 million LEED Certified and NAIOP Green Building was designed and constructed in just over one year to support the regional growing staff for Range Resources.
The Student Union is LEED Certified and the building is rated as number 4 of the top 100 buildings in Florida.
Market Square Place is rapidly becoming known as the cornerstone of Pittsburgh’s third renaissance. The historic renovation and redevelopment of this area has made a remarkable impact on living in Pittsburgh.
Full structural design services were provided for the $75 million, state-of-the-art aluminum curtainwalled corporate headquarters facility for Alcoa located in Pittsburgh.
Though this project required extensive subsurface investigation due to the unknown structures and foundations buried beneath the surface of the redeveloped site, completion was on time and within budget restraints.
Exterior façade restoration of brick, limestone, and terra-cotta was included for this circa 1918 building listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
The $7 million Marine Science Research Institute facility is certified LEED Gold, with a 10,000-gallon cistern that harvests rainwater and solar water heaters with an HVAC system.
The historic Dickson Tavern, located in Erie, Pennsylvania, was constructed in 1815. It is the oldest standing building in the City of Erie. During renovations in 2009, AES was asked to design structural reinforcements and make repairs to the structure.